Saturday 18 February 2012

Colour Combo


What a fab colour combo we have for you this week over at Simply Stampin', I love pinks and purples so this was perfect for me!

Now I know this colour combo screams doilies because of the DSP but I wanted to do something other than doilies as I've done so many recently I'm actually a little bored of them!

So here is what I came up with...


I know I didn't avoid the doilies completely - I think they make a great background!

Recipe:
Stamps: Crazy for Cupcakes, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Card: Wisteria Wonder, Melon Mambo, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White
DSP: Flirtatious Specialty
Ink: Wisteria Wonder, Melon Mambo, Pink Pirouette
Ribbon: Wisteria Wonder
Punches: Scallop Border, Decorative Label, Circle

Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by

Niki xx

4 comments:

  1. Great water colouring Niki, mine always looks terrible! Also love how you've layered the doile over a coloured background, gorgeous!
    Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just going to say the same as Kelly, love the doily die cut as a layer here! Also those cupcakes are making me hungry! mmm... x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card Niki! I like the use of the doily papers as a background, works well with the cupcakes!
    Kirei x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! The doilies remind me of a lacy table topper!

    ReplyDelete