Saturday 3 March 2012

Graduation

Hi Everyone

Ben totally threw me when he said, 'can you make my sister a graduation card please' I had absolutely no idea what to do for it given I didn't have any graduation type stamps to hand, so I began thinking about using punch art to make a graduation hat (I know they have a special name but that escapes me right now...!) and then had a brainwave: the owl punch (wise owl and all that) wearing a graduation hat!

I had a look on google to see if anyone else had done this (and how they'd done it...!) and there was of course plenty of them out there, so I took inspiration for the hat and the scroll but came up with the gown all by myself!

I followed the sketch for this week's Simply Stampin' Challenge:


and here is what I came up with for my DT entry:


I spent about an hour putting the own together and had just finished him (and was very pleased with myself) when Ben came in to my craft room - I showed him the owl but his response was, 'well have you make a card yet or what?'

I was very cross.

So apart from Ben's initial reaction I was very pleased with the way the owl turned out and Naomi (Ben's sister) said it was the best graduation card she had received, so all in all, a very successful graduation card!


Recipe:
Stamps: Tiny Tags & Swirls & Curls Verses
Card: Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake
Ink: Riding Hood Red, Crumb Cake
DSP: Tickets & Tags Simply Scrappin' Kit
Ribbon: Riding Hood Red, Linen Thread
Punches: Owl Punch, Scallop Trim border

Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by

Niki xx

4 comments:

  1. I always love to see different ways this little guy can be dressed up!
    Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute Niki, love the detail with the certificate rolled up! Kirei x

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe this is very fun! LOVE the owl! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute and such a great way to show how versatile the owl punch is too! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete